*Product availability may vary by location
1. Cannabis Topicals!
With an ever-growing roster of Cannabis 2.0 products available to Canadian cannabis consumers, we know that it can be easy to become overwhelmed. Here, we aim to answer your burning questions concerning cannabis topicals.
Cannabis topicals are skin care products that are applied to the skin rather than inhaled or otherwise ingested, and the effects of the cannabinoid compounds are more targeted and localized to the area of application. Topicals can be a great addition to your self-care rituals and work to soothe and calm, or to refresh and invigorate the skin.
Did you know that there are cannabinoid receptors in your skin? Cannabis topicals contain cannabinoids like THC and CBD, which work with your body's endocannabinoid system towards gentle harmony and balance.
Cannabis topicals generaly penetrate only a few layers of your skin, so the positive effects of the cannabinoids you love can do their work on your skin without entering the bloodstream to produce a psychoactive "high".
If you notice the term "transdermal" in a cannabis topical product description, this means that the products contain a transdermal (through the skin) technology that enables the cannabinoids to penetrate the skin and enter the bloodstream. It won't induce the intense "high" that comes from consumption methods like smoking or ingesting edibles, but it will facilitate the delivery of cannabinoids to your bloodstream for a more full-body experience and may induce slight psychoactive effects.
If you are curious about the medical applications of cannabis topicals, we encourage you to talk to a trusted healthcare practitioner.
Here are the varieties of cannabis topicals available at Nova Cannabis retail stores. Product availability may vary by location.
Compliance Face Serum (Hybrid) - 27.5G
Compliance is an oil-based face serum that's light-as-air and absorbs into your skin right away. It's calming and nourishing and leaves your skin looking plumped.
LivRelief Transdermal CBD (Hybrid) CBD Cream - 50G
LivRelief’s creams use a proprietary transdermal technology to penetrate the skin. Each tub contains 250mg of CBD. Our LivReleaf + CBD is scented using non-cannabis based terpenes, creating a mild, natural scent.
LivRelief Transdermal Balanced (Hybrid) 1:1 Cream - 50G
Each tub contains 125mg of CBD and 125mg of THC and is scented with non-cannabis terpenes for a mild, natural scent. With transdermal technology, LivRelief’s Balanced 1:1 cream penetrates the skin.
48N Apothecanna (Hybrid) 1:1 Topical - 60ml
Apothecanna Extra Strength cream’s quick absorbing formula works fast. Harnessing the power of 48North outdoor grown cannabis, this non-psychoactive formula uses both THC and CBD blended with high-quality natural ingredients arnica, peppermint and juniper for targeted relief. Apothecanna has 10 years of experience in topicals so you can rest assured that time-tested quality is packed into each and every pump.
2. Dosist DP50 Disposable Vape Pens
Disposable vape pens by Dosist are designed to promote blissful, restful, calm, soothing or invigorating experiences depending on which product you choose. To use, inhale at a normal, consistent rate, and the vaporizer will shut down automatically after 3 seconds. A slight vibration will occur when 2.25 mg has been released. These pens are available in 0.185g (50 pulls) and come in several varieties:
- Bliss by Dosist: A 9:1 THC to CBD formula designed to help you feel just the right amount of good. Its terpenes include terpinolene (also present in apples, cumin, lilac, tea tree oil and conifers) and beta-caryophyllene (found in black pepper, cloves and balsam).
- Rest by Dosist: An 8:1 THC to CBD formula designed to help promote a restful experience. It's supported by a terpene blend of limonene (found in citrus fruits and juniper) and nerolidol (present in citronella, ginger and orange peels).
- Calm by Dosist: A 10:1 CBD to THC formula designed to promote balance and help relax your mind and body. It harnesses the properties of CBD and pairs them with naturally occurring terpenes like beta-caryophyllene (also found in black pepper, cloves and balsam) and limonene (present in citrus fruits and juniper).
- Soothe by Dosist: A 2:1 THC to CBD formula designed to ease mild to moderate soreness. It's supported by a terpene blend of terpinolene (also found in lilac, sage and tea tree) and beta-caryophyllene (also found in black pepper, cloves and balsam).
- Arouse by Dosist: A 10:1 THC to CBD formula designed to awaken your senses and stimulate your mind. It uses a precise terpene blend that features linalool (found in lavender and many flowers, mint and cinnamon).
3. Hash by Original Stash
You're a little bit analog. You choose quality over quantity every time. You like your albums on vinyl and your notes hand-written. Maybe you own a typewriter. You might even sport an old-school handlebar mustache and occasionally start sentences with "nowadays..."
Then you'll probably appreciate Original Stash's rich, resinous, firm-but-pliable hash by Hexo Canada, produced from a single hybrid strain using dry ice sift trichome extraction. It's all about authenticity and simplicity - just like you. Like Original Stash says, it's "not real fancy, just real."
4. Free by Solei
Find a moment of space and stillness with Solei Free, a flavorless CBD oil that gives you versatility with consistency, peace with presence of mind. Solei's take on the CBD-rich strain known as Treasure Island is perfect for those looking to cultivate some laid back vibes from within. And in times like these, who couldn't use a little extra self care?
5. Citrus Punch by Sundial
Now that it's Spring, we're loving Sundial Citrus Punch's sunny vibes. A sizzlingly cerebral and citrusy sativa, it's named for its notes of orange, tangerine, grapefruit and lime... oh my! That beautiful bouquet is derived from a unique terpene profile of myrcene, caryophyllene, humulene, bisabolol and valencene. Disclaimer: You don't have to be able to pronounce them to enjoy them.