SunDaze with The Nomad Cook
Nova Cannabis presents:
SunDaze with The Nomad Cook
Join us on Facebook and Instagram Live each Sunday morning at 10:30 a.m. MST for a LIVE infused cooking demo with Chef Travis Petersen of The Nomad Cook.
We're excited (and hungry) to learn more about the world of cannabis infused cooking. We'll be learning from the best as Chef Travis walks us through cannabis-infused recipes for every occasion. Grab your aprons, your spatulas, and your favorite strain and let's get cooking!
Check back regularly. We'll be posting the recipes after each episode, tips from Travis, and more! You'll want to follow Chef Travis on Instagram as well. He's got a few surprises in store.
Episode 1: CBD-Infused Hollandaise
Thanks for tuning into the Mother's Day edition of SunDaze with The Nomad Cook. Loved how your brunch turned out? We've got the hollandaise recipe here so that you can show it off again and again:
1. Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice in a stainless steel bowl until the mixture has thickened and doubled in volume.
2. Put the bowl over a pot containing barely simmering water. (Don't let the water touch the bottom of the bowl). Continue to whisk rapidly and add the CBD.
3. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened and doubled in volume.
4. Remove from heat, whisk in cayenne, mustard and salt. Cover and place in a warm spot until ready to use for the eggs benedict. If the sauce is too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water to loosen.
Episode 2: Infused Jerk Chicken
Thanks to those of you who tuned in to last weekend's Infused Jerk Chicken cooking demo! If you want to make this dish again, or if you missed last week's video, we've got you covered with the full recipe:
1. Put all ingredients into a blender and puree until everything is emulsified
2. Take a large zip lock bag and put the chicken in with the marinade. Leave in the fridge for 24 hours.
3. Remove chicken and place on a baking sheet. Take the marinade from the plastic bag and pour into a sauce pot. Turn the stove to medium high and reduce the marinade by 50%. Remove from heat.
4. BBQ the chicken or turn an oven on to 420F and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, put back on to a baking sheet and pour the reduced jerk sauce on top of the chicken.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Follow us on Instagram at @novacannabiscanada to see previous weeks' demo videos and ingredients lists.
Episode 3: The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
Thanks for tuning in for The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich with an infused bacon & onion jam! We've got your ingredients list and recipe below so that you can cook it again and add it to your personal recipe collections.
1. Heat a frying pan to medium and add cubed bacon pieces. Cook until golden brown. Remove from heat and put bacon into a bowl while keeping the bacon fat in the pan.
2. Add onions and saute in the bacon fat. Cook over medium for about 10 minutes or until onions become soft and translucent. Add infused maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, thyme and red chili flakes.
3. Stir bacon and water and cook for another 15 minutes until it becomes thick and sticky.
4. Remove from heat and store in a jar.
Episode 4: Infused Heavy Cream
During this LIVE infused demo, Chef Travis Petersen takes us back to basics and demonstrates a few different ways to make your very own cannabis infused heavy cream. Grab your ingredients and let's get cooking!