The Ultimate Guide to Halloweed 2020
Happy Halloween, Nova Buds! At a loss for what to do this year’s All Hallows’ Eve? Maybe your annual Halloween bash is taking a hiatus this year, or the concept of traditional trick or treating is giving you anxiety. For those of you staying in and keeping your distance this year, there are still ways to get festive and commemorate this creepy season.
1. Tune into a virtual rave.
- Escape Halloween Virtual Rave-A-Thon
Dance like no one’s watching (they won’t be) to the best beat drops, live and in your living room. Fuel your stay-at-home rave-a-thon with Diesel, Spinach’s citrusy and sour anytime hybrid. Don’t forget your glowsticks!
2. Make your own infused Halloween treats.
Leave the store-bought candy for the kids. Add THC Oil to your favorite Halloween recipes for an elevated festive experience, or try your hand at making your own cannabis butter from scratch using this Leafly guide: https://www.leafly.ca/news/lifestyle/recipe-how-to-make-basic-cannabutter
3. Try some creative pumpkin carving
Spending more time at home this Halloween? Up your pumpkin carving game and pit your pumpkin masterpiece against your friends online. Bonus points if it’s also a bong: https://www.leafly.ca/news/lifestyle/how-to-make-a-pumpkin-bong
Add Delta 9’s Jack Herer’s pine & peppery spice aromas to make it a… pumpkin spice?
4. Netflix & Thrill. Stay in for a scary movie marathon. Here are a few of our top picks:
- The classic and star-studded Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992), directed and produced by Francis Ford Coppola and starring Gary Oldman as Count Dracula.
- The Invitation (2015). An awkward dinner party (is this not horrifying enough?) takes a turn for the creepy. It’ll make you glad you stayed home this Halloween.
- As Above, So Below (2014). For fans of found-footage horror (think Blair Witch). Adventurous tourists explore the Catacombs of Paris. Mayhem ensues.
Smooth out your horror flick-induced jitters between movies with a dose of calm. Dosist’s “calm” vape pen formula is a 1:6 THC to CBD ratio delivered in controlled, consistent doses.
5. Marvel at the Halloween Blue Moon.
This particular full moon is a rare phenomenon, and not only because it falls on Halloween. It’s the second full moon of October, making it a blue moon. Take a well-lit (😉) scenic walk with your Covid-19 cohort (or safe squad). Bonus points if you’re in full costume. This chance only comes along once in a blue moon. Maybe bring along some of Aurora’s sweet and berry sativa-dominant Blue Dream to match the moonlight.